Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Churches Easter Video (I'm in it a wee bit:)

A few weeks back I was asked if I would like to be the "wife" character for a video that our church was filming to be played on Easter Sunday. My first thought was to say "no way jose," because I am petrified of any type of public performance, public speaking, auditions, acting etc. I have always challenged myself over the years to face this fear by taking drama classes in school, speaking in front of large audiences etc. in hopes that it will get easier and so far I haven't had any luck. I decided to do this video for the same reason, to challenge myself and even though my part was small, it was difficult for me, but I am glad I did it. Baby steps right! Anyways, this video is a little sad, but the point of it was to get the church to think about who they turn to when times are tough. Do they turn to God and seek His peace and comfort, or do they turn to everything else that this world offers. God is always there for us in both the good times and the bad and in this video the man is shown in two different perspectives; leaning on God for his strength and leaning on his own will and what a difference it makes! Hope you enjoy it!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Casey...all you girls are making me teary eyey lately! What a beautiful video, and fantastic acting, if I do say so myself ;)! You did GREAT! So proud of you and so blessed to be able to have watched it! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Casey!! What a great video too. You looked very comfortable in front of the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are SUCH a rock star! CASEY! CASEY! CASEY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a STAR! So neat you were a part of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Casey!! I'm so proud of you for getting out of your comfort zone and trying that - you looked so comfortable. Great video.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.