Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Last of the DR

I get a kick out of this picture of Joey walking under this sign
It may not look amazing but, this pasta bowl was DA BOMB! And we watched a fight break out 10 feet in front of us....(below)
while we ate on this super crowded holiday beach. Locals kids got in a fight with knives...bad news. The police came out and arrested a few of the tough guys. It was pretty intense!
Joey waiting for our American Express card to clear for the tour...it never cleared...bummer.
Me making the most of a boring stop in Santa Domingo:) lol.
The inside of our first hotel room. The second was more or less the same.
Breakfast on the beach as usual. I did love our mornings in the Dominican. They played worship music softly in the background (in spanish), the waiters were absolutely amazing and very fun to chat with. The food was great too!

So my friends, this concludes our Dominican pictures/adventures. It already feels like this trip was eons ago. How sad is that. Time just flies by way too fast. All I can do is take it one day at a time and savor all that I can, hence the title of the blog. I love the bible verse from Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Ain't that the truth! I look forward to another vacation hopefully next year although not nearly as elaborate as the DR trip was. I realized after this vacation how rarely Joey and I have traveled alone together over the past 5 years and that is going to change...no, really, it is:)! haha...we shall see:).

2 comments:

  1. I have truly enjoyed all the pictures from the DR, You guys sure know how to snap some good ones. Casey you are a gorgeous girl and take some great pics! So glad that God blessed you two with a good time, Lord knows you two deserved it! Please stick to what you said and take more vacations... you guys again deserve it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello gorgeous! Cute pictures! I had fun vaccationing through your blog...since I don't vacation much!
    Hey, I read your comment on my blog and the reason you don't see my updates on your blog is because mine is private...or did you get updates before? That's the bummer about going private, people don't read it as much cause they dont get the updates and forget. haha. But no worries!!! I still know you are one of my 3 loyal readers:)! Muah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.