Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken with black beans and corn

Again, it's going to take me a good while to master the art of culinary display as well as the purchase of a new macro lens to really get to the point that my food pictures look appetizing but, for now I'm just going for it anyways:). I found this recipe on the website that I mentioned in the previous post. I have like 10 dinners that I know how to cook really well and I tend to cook them over and over and over again until even I can barely stand looking at them. So, I decided that if I'm not even enjoying the food I'm making that it is high time to discover some new and marvelously easy dinners! This is a piece of cake to make and I kid you not...in over five years of marriage, this meal received more praise from my hubby than any other meal I have made!! Wowza:). Here's the recipe for all you mom's and wives that want something quick to prepare after a long day:

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
1- 15 ounce can of black beans
1- 15 ounce can of corn drained
1-15 ounce jar of salsa any kind (I used Pace Medium chunky)
1-8 ounce package of cream cheese (I used 4 ounces of cream cheese and 4 ounces of sour cream)

1. Place your chicken in the crock pot
2 Add 1 can of black beans and 1 can of corn and the jar of salsa to pot
3 Keep crock pot on high for 4-5 hours for frozen chicken 2-3 for thawed
4. Add cream cheese and or sour cream during the last half hour of cooking and stir in a bit. Let sit a final 30 minutes and whalah...you have yourself one delicious meal with only 5 minutes of preparation!!! I served mine with cornbread but, it would have been amazing on top of a pile of white or brown rice:). Enjoy!! Oh, and if you make it, please let me know how you liked it by posting here. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Hey girly! I just bought all the stuff to try this yummy looking dish for our dinner tomorrow night! I will for sure let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I will make this next week. thanks for sharring the recipe and your food pictures are turning out really well...I really like the stuffed peppers picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always looking for new yummy recipes....this will be on my next week of meals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo yum i think I will try this one sometime although doing a crock pot in the heat of summer with no air conditioning doesn't sound too appealing. Maybe on one of the cooler days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.