Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Going Home From the Hospital With Daisy












Just trying to get a little caught up on pictures over here. I have so many more pictures and videos to post of Daisy over the past week (she is one week old today!) so hopefully I will get a little done here and there but, with the way Daisy and I sleep these days I don't know that I will get caught up for a while:). Last night Daisy and I got about 3.5 broken hours of sleep and I woke up a complete zombie today for the first time. Much to my surprise though, little miss Daisy blessed me with a two hour nap from 7:30-10 this morning and I was able to wake up feeling much more refreshed. Thanks Daisy girl:).

Going home from the hospital was such a relief! Don't get me wrong, the staff at our hospital was absolutely incredible. They were all so nice, helpful and patient and I loved that they genuinely cared about me and Daisy during our entire stay. On the flip side though having nurses come into the room every 30 minutes for two days straight and then in between nurse visits for me or for Daisy we had two pediatricians, our doctor, volunteers up the wazoo, nursery workers, lactation consultants, etc. and all that wore me ragged. On the last day as we were packing up our things I was trying to dress Daisy in her going home outfit and was wanting to take a few pictures of her really quick and we had probably 7 people come into the room in that last hour that needed to talk to me specifically and I just about lost it. Finally I just told the nurse that I really wanted to dress Daisy myself and take a few pictures of her and asked if I could do that for just 5 minutes and then I would give anyone who needed me my undivided attention. I think they realized that the post pregnant lady was about to break down so they backed off and gave us all some space. hehehe. As a result, you have these cute pictures of Daisy, Daddy and Mommy to enjoy:).

Daisy is one week old today. The week has flown by and Daisy is already much more alert than she was her first few days, which is to be expected. Her eyes are getting stronger and better at focusing on things and she seems to enjoy her awake time more now than she used to. We let Daisy lay under the Einstein activity center yesterday and that overwhelmed her senses for about 10 minutes which was so cute to watch and then she started falling asleep from it all. lol. We haven't really figured out what things Daisy really enjoys to look at or do but, we have lots of time to figure that out. Right now she is conked out on a fluffy couch pillow next to me and has been sleeping for the past 2 hours (yes, I should have taken a nap with her but, you know how that goes:) We also gave Daisy her first wash cloth bath last night and I have pictures of that to post also. Knowing how much babies tend to hate this type of bath because it is cold, Joey and I went out of our way to make it fast, calm and as warm for her as possible. She wasn't loving it by any means but, we kept warming her up and talking softly to her and somehow she got through it like a champ. She's awesome!

8 comments:

  1. YEAHHH!!!! great pictures casey and good for you telling the staff to back off! I swear, it is because of them that we are so sleep deprived in the hospital and not because of the new babe! I can definitely see you in many of those pictures now...I know that was a few days ago, so who knows what we may see now, but I def see you! What a pretty girl she will be! Thanks for the photos, you are doing an awesome job mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hospital stay is extremely exhausting! I always break down when I get home because I'm just so so so tired! I'm glad you stuck up for yourself! Those pictures just about made me want another one. She is just so amazing! Definitely one of the cutest newbies I've ever seen! Can't believe we already got another update! Thanks, we sure enjoy hearing from you and seeing all of your faces! Looks like you are doing great, Casey!!! So happy for you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my bestest buddies ever is a Mommy to one of the most beautiful baby girls I have ever seen. My heart is bursting with happiness for you guys! I've been checking daily and been getting these updates almost as soon as you put them up and will one day soon write you an email. I've loved these pics and loved your stories and wish I had the money to fly out there to visit you all! You look radiant, I love seeing Joey as a Daddy, and Daisy is stunning and gorgeous and oh so girly :) Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisy's going home outfit is adorable. You guys are a beautiful family. And I just can't get over how cute Daisy is. I'm with Vanessa...seeing pictures of beautiful Daisy makes me want another one. :-) And I just want to remind you of something that you were always so quick to tell me...TAKE A NAP!! Everything else can wait. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Daisy's little smile in the close up picture of you and her. It is so sweet to see all these special moments. You are doing such a great job chronicling all of this journey into parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. You are beautiful. All of you. I know most of my posts are all the same....but I just have to keep saying how much I love you three. I'm coming out there to see my niece over summer. NO ONE CAN STOP ME. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh....and of course I'm coming to see you an Joey too...=) haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all the pictures! Can you please tell me how you have the time and energy to write such amazing blog posts right now? I am so proud of how amazing you are doing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.