Monday, June 21, 2010

Love My Little Love - 3 Month Checkup





Daisy had her 3 month checkup this morning. She weighs 13.6 pounds is 23 1/2 inches long and I can't remember her head size but, it was average which is good:-). The pediatrician just raved about how healthy and adorable Daisy is. I told her I was worried that she might be too round and jolly for her age but, she said she looks perfect and could be a Gerber Baby cover model! haha Nothing like a great compliment to put a mama at ease. Daisy had to get two shots this morning. I had been told at her last checkup that she would be getting four shots, so when I learned that Daisy would only be needing two shots today, I actually felt relieved. Daisy of course was not a happy camper after the first shot and just as she started to calm down from that one then came the other one which produced the most unhappy cry I have ever heard come out of Daisy's cute little mouth, a purple face and tons of tears. I'm proud to say that I held it together really well and fortunately I was able to soothe Daisy in just a minute and then I nursed her in the room which calmed her even more. She fell asleep immediately after which was wonderful! I gave her some baby Tylenol and as we speak Daisy is napping again. The medicine and shots combined can make a baby very sleepy...and fussy, but for now just sleepy.

On a side note: Our nanny has flown the coop or in other words deserted us. A handful of people are aware of the issues we were having with her but, I really was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and be patient with her. Last Friday was a bizarre day and the nanny was just down right rude and abrupt with me and today she just decided not to show up or call. I had to take the day off at the last minute because I don't have a back up. It of course makes me question myself and Daisy and wonder what we did wrong to make her flee but, regardless, she is gone and perhaps it is a blessing in disguise because I was planning on letting her go as soon as we could find a replacement. I guess the feeling was mutual. lol. Joey's sister has been kind enough to be a stand in nanny until our replacement is available in a few weeks. God is ever faithful to provide and to hold us steady so to Him I give all the glory! I'll keep you posted on how all this pans out. Stay tuned....

6 comments:

  1. Those pictures are to die for. Oh, her face! Love that baby! I hate shots:(. That is really disturbing about your nanny. It's better she is out of the picture now! I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she only had to get two shots, and I, for one, am a sucker for chunky monkey little babies! Enjoy the chub because once the toddler times come, they slim down and that baby fat seems to just vanish! I am SO sorry and SO upset about your Nanny situation and am thankful that the Lord protected you and Daisy by having her leave. I really believe that its the best that it ended abruptly like that before anything worse could happen. I will be praying for your nanny finding process again and that the Lord just provides the perfect Nanny at just the right time! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total bummer about your nanny...I doubt she'll be putting you down as a referral. :-) But I can't believe how big Daisy is getting. It's hard to tell how big she is when she is the only one in a picture, but in these pictures where the two of you are holding her, you can see just how well she is doing. And by big, you already know I mean healthy big...she is just too adorable for words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Casey, I'm so sorry about the nanny, that is horrible, but I'm so glad Joey's sister is going to be able to help you out for a while. You guys are definitely in my prayers. Daisy is adorable, I miss seeing her (and you too) let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she sounds healthy and beautiful! Those pictures say it all...casey you have a real doll on your hands! Love all the naked pictures, seriously, can I have her? Hope the shots don't effect her too much. That is so crazy about the nanny...what I would say if I ever saw her...:=( I pray this is a blessing still and that God will use it to show you all goodness. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of you and Daisy when she is looking right at the camera! Such a good little eater and healthy girl.

    By the way, you did NOTHING wrong to cause the nanny leaving. It is a blessing from God, as she is clearly the mayor of Crazytown :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.