Monday, March 31, 2014

My Baby Is Four

My little sweat pea is four today! In some ways it feels like just yesterday that I was holding her in my arms at the hospital, learning her cries, smelling her sweet baby smell and waking up several times a night to soothe her.  In other ways it feels like it's been ages since she was little enough to fit in the crook of my arm.  

Four is still so little.  Little enough that I can carry her often.  Little enough I am still her super hero.  Little enough that she prefers baths over showers.  Little enough that the entire world is viewed through the lens of imagination.  Little enough that she could never get enough kisses or hugs. Little enough that she still loves to snuggle in my arms on the couch. 

But, four is so big!  Big enough that she can go potty almost all by herself.  Big enough to go to school and do SO well.  Big enough to get dressed, put on shoes and brush her teeth on her own.   Big enough to sing and dance along to her favorite songs.  Big enough to ride her scooter and her bike.  So big and so little all at once. 

I never thought that I would have only one child for as long as I have but, I can tell you that these four years one on one with my daughter, Daisy Love, have been an absolute treasure.  She is a priceless give from God.  My arrow.  {Psalm 127:4}

 "I'll love you forever.  I'll love you for always.  As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." 
(roger knapp)

Happy Happy fourth Birthday my darling brown-eyed girl! 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday beautiful girl!! :)
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes- you are right! so big but still so little! :) i love all these photos-she is such an adorable little girl! happy birthday daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very big Happy Birthday to your sweet Daisy, Happy 4th Birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.